We chatted on the WIKY Morning Show about an article we found and the reaction was quite interesting.
First, here are seven clear signs you might have a work spouse from CNN.com and Career Builder.com -
1. You depend on a particular co-worker for office supplies, snacks and aspirin.
2. There are inside jokes that you and a specific co-worker share.
3. You can be bluntly honest with this person about his or her appearance, hygiene or hair (and vice versa). You're comfortable enough to point out that the other's hair is sticking up -- or that someone's fly is down.
4. When something eventful happens at work, this co-worker is the first person you seek out for a de-briefing.
5. At breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks, your closest co-worker knows what to order for you and how you like your coffee (and vice versa).
6. You and your co-worker can finish each other's sentences.
7. Someone in your office knows almost as much about your personal life as your best friend or real-life spouse does.
Diane and I didn't realize we were married until we saw the list! And we decided that it's not a formal marriage, it's more common law. You know, you don't realize you're married until someone says, "Oh, yeah, you are!"
Most everyone's conclusion is that it's simply human nature that if a couple of people work together over a period of time, they naturally grow close.
What we didn't cover was divorce. Who gets custody of the stapler?